The Bobby Blackwolf Show Episode 662: May 19, 2019

Epic Store Sale, Unity's Questionable Support

• I'm going to my first Gen Con, but have just learned about the "Events" system, which shows why it's not like any other convention or trade show I've ever attended.
  • Because of another revolution around the sun, I received some gifts to talk about. First up is the 8bitdo SN30 Pro controller - a bluetooth controller designed like a SNES controller that works with Windows, Android (along with a Raspberry Pi) and Nintendo Switch.
  • I also received Final Fantasy XV: Royal Edition for Xbox One, which has a nasty bug when Dolby Atmos (spatial audio) is enabled...I demonstrate it on the show - the video of this segment is on YouTube.
  • The Epic Games Store had a Mega Sale across their entire platform - which caused some publishers to temporarily pull their games from sale to not participate.
  • Unity made a tweet and blog post courting the gambling industry, which has made some in the gaming industry upset.
  • Then we take calls about video game soundtracks and trips to LA that don't involve E3.

Download The MP3! - 26MB, 55 minutes 44 seconds

323 total views

0 Comments

Add Your Own Comment
Name (required)
Email (required, will not be shown)

Comment

(also required, believe it or not)

Are You Intelligent? 1+2 =